At A Glance
Rosemary Lodge is owned and operated by Abivue Limited.
Director, Management and Care Staff
- The company is directed by Susan Angenent who developed Rosemary Lodge and has been actively involved since 1990.
- Operations are managed by registered Care Manager, Jane Evans who is supported by Deputy Manager, John Robinson.
- The Home employs a team of Senior Care professionals together with a full complement of Carers.
- QCF training – over 70% of staff having achieved a QCF qualification of Level 2 and above.
- Staff also undertake additional training in Mental Health Awareness which includes Dementia training.
- Our trained housekeepers are a committed team that adheres to our high standards of cleanliness.
- Value every Resident who comes to live at our Home.
- Assure them they will be treated with respect and dignity.
- Enable each individual to continue living as independently as possible.
- Extend constant care and support consistent with their needs.
- We are committed to maintaining and improving the quality of our service.
- We have a comprehensive Quality Policies and Procedures Manual, which is regularly under review and revision.
- An important part of our approach is to obtain the views of individual Residents together with a monthly “surgery” that allows us to re-appraise our service to Residents.
- Rosemary Lodge operates a Complaints Procedure that meets the requirements of the Health & Social Care Act 2008.
- Please see the notice board located in the main corridor for full details of our Complaints Procedure.
Who is welcome?
- Anyone over 65 years of age can apply*.
- We also consider married couples or partners who are finding life at home increasingly difficult for various reasons.
- People who are suffering from loneliness, self-neglect, short-term memory loss, or simply struggling to deal with everyday life without assistance.
*Please note nursing care is not available.
How do you apply?
- First, we invite the prospective Resident and their family to visit and view the home.
- Then they discuss with the Care Manager how they see their future care needs.
- The Care Manager assesses the suitability of Rosemary Lodge to meet the resident’s specific needs.
- Should both parties agree the Home is suitable, a comprehensive Care Plan is developed.
- The Plan will cover any risks to which the Residents or staff may be exposed.
- It also considers which outside health professionals such as a Physiotherapist, or an Occupational Therapist will or might be needed.
What happens next?
- When people move in they have one month to decide whether our Home is best suited for them.
- Equally, it allows the staff at the home the opportunity to get to know the individual and their families and to ensure that the Lodge is delivering the correct care required.
- At this point, the Resident and family can decide to continue or terminate the Agreement.
- Rosemary Lodge is registered with the CQC, (Care Quality Commission).
- The Home accommodates a maximum of 32 residents.
- There are 26 single rooms, all en-suite; two double en-suite rooms and one larger suite for single or double occupancy.
- A further bathroom with a specialised bath hoist and two shower rooms are available.
- Each bedroom is interior decorated and furnished to a high standard of décor and comfort.
- Every room includes an electric profile bed for maximum support and enhanced sleep quality.
- Residents are encouraged to bring some possessions with them to personalise their living accommodation.
- A call-bell system is operated throughout the home: in the bedrooms; en-suites; corridors; and lounges, so that at any time, staff are at hand.
- All furniture and furnishings comply with the standards laid down in the Care Standards Act.
- Fire Compliance, is strictly followed with regular visits by the Fire Liaison Officer.
- Staff participates in full fire safety training and fire evacuation procedures regularly.
- There are several lounges where Residents can read, watch TV or listen to music at their leisure.
- There is also a sunny conservatory for residents to enjoy the views of the garden, terrace, and fountain and take their preferred refreshments.
- Families and visitors are welcome to join them at any time within legal parameters.
- A professional in-house Hair and Beauty salon offers residents beauty treatments.
- Public and private transport services to Lichfield are easily available to residents, the local bus stops directly outside the home.
Review from Michael D (Son) – January 2020
Since arriving at Rosemary Lodge in October 2019, my mother has been treated with the utmost dignity and respect. I can sleep easy knowing that she is being cared for by your wonderful staff and could not be in a better place. Many thanks to all that work tirelessly to create a home from home environment.